Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A note from Tracy Sherman, to all of us

Inspired by Chester's comments at the last ALS Support Group meeting, I decided to dig out this poem that I found...hummm..back in the 80's and always hung on to. I think I found it in a Readers Digest book my mom subscribed to and have yet to find it on the web anywhere else. When you read it you will know why I kept it...yellowed..torn...basically beat up...but still readable.

FREEDOM
I write because I am confused
And seek to understand
I sing because I am alone
And reach to take a hand.
I wonder because I'm curious
And feel I should know why.
I hurt because I'm human
And this is why I cry.
I laugh because I'm joyful
And this seems right to do.
I love because you're special
And pray you love me too.
I live because of all these things
I find in every day.
They tell me just what life's about
And I listen to what they say.
To laugh, to love, to live and sing,
Oh yes, even to cry,
These simple gifts of freedom
I will treasure 'till I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment