Friday, August 7, 2009

On Lisa's Decision to be Taken off the Vent: Blackberry exchanges between two of her friends

at 8 pm last Wednesday night, many of Lisa's friends in the Ohana heeded her family's call to join them in spirit and thought while they pray for assistance as Lisa begins her journey back to her Maker. Lisa has decided to be taken off the vent on August 8. At 3 pm, Jane and Richard Yamaguchi will transport their beloved daughter, Lisa - our friend and inspiration - to Pali Momi Medical Center where her wishes will be executed.

From: Tracy Sherman
To: Divina Robillard


I can only wonder what Lisa must be thinking about the next\last few days. Very few people actually know the exact day they are leaving this life.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


ReplyTo: Tracy Sherman
Sent: Aug 5, 2009 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: Gentle Reminder: Lisa


I know. I suppose there is peace in certainty. And if there is faith in God and in the hereafter, anticipation.

There is probably a feeling of control finally. Over the disease, I mean.

Ahh, life! If ever I go out the same way, I hope I have the strength to make the same decision. Or is it weakness from exhaustion that prods one to make it? I hope the former. But I will understand if the latter.

At least the good thing is that it makes us think, reflect, grow from just knowing her...

Thanks for these moments of reflection, my friend. I hope you and mom are doing well. Xoxo

Sent via BlackBerry by T-mobile


1 comment:

  1. Lisa is truly blessed to have family and friends support her during this very difficult time. She will be in my thoughts all day today and for a very long time to come. She was and always will be an inspirational part of my life.

    Heather Hurstak Lillywhite
    PCHS c/o 1984

    ReplyDelete