Thursday, November 13, 2008

Full moon


I am new to the process of blogging but thought it might be fun to share some thoughts that I have on occasion. As I write different blogs you should learn more about who I am and my current journey with ALS.

A few nights ago I had the pleasure of sitting in my wheelchair by our Pali highway window and viewing the rising full moon. I thought of you able to view the same moon no matter where you are on this planet. In our apartment we have lots of beautiful windows. My favorite is the Pali highway window. It is right next to the kitchen and looks out towards Koolau mountains. In the lower portion of the window I can see the tennis courts and doggie park for the apartment across the street. If I tilt my wheelchair a little higher up the window I can see the Chinese, Japanese, Hawaiian-local cemetery. Then, the Pali highway with all of its rushing cars and lights. After that the houses claiming the hillside and then finally the mountains themselves. There is always a very strong breeze blowing through this window. It is cool and moist coming from the valley. Tonight, go outside to your local park for me if you can and look at the moon. Send me positive thoughts and I send them to you as well.

1 comment:

  1. Rick, I read peace in this short note. I am glad you found that haven at this time in our life. Nuuanu Valley is a very serene place. Is it any wonder that this was a place of royalty in the olden times?

    Britt and i lived across your apartment at Craigside. Our unit overlooked the valley, too. It was stunningly awesome to look to the valley and watch the rain move slowly from the mountains. As I looked down from our 21st floor perch our, "quiet" neighbors were truly "resting in peace." And as a new immigrant in 1982, seeing the Philippine flag flutter in the breeze from the piece of Philippine Consulate grounds that was visible from our floor-to-ceiling windows was very comforting.

    Enjoy peace whenever it slips into your life. Heaven knows, in the turbulence that ALS stirs in our lives, we need every moment we can get.

    Shalom, from the heart. xoxo divina

    ReplyDelete